Monday, December 1, 2014

November Wrap-Up

Hello there. It's already the beginning of December and I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. But I'm here today with my November Wrap-Up and not to talk about the fact that Christmas is right around the corner. I read a total of 6 books this month, which isn't that much but I'm still okay with it.


So these are the books I finished in November:
  • To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, ★★★★
    I don't feel qualified to talk about this book, to be honest. Classics always intimidate me but I liked this one, even though I'm sure I wasn't able to grasp all the meaning behind it. I sort of miss school when I read books like this because we used to take books apart bit by bit and I feel a little lost on my own.
  • One More Chance by Abbi Glines, ★★★★
    This is the 8th book in the Rosemary Beach series and like the others, it was enjoyable but not the height of literature. I still really liked it and after To Kill A Mockingbird, I needed a light and quick read.
  • Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout, ★★★
    I'm not sure if the Lux series and I will ever be real friends. I don't know why but the books just lost their appeal after the first two. I really don't like Daemon for the most part and the other characters are just mehh. The story is also really repetitive for me and I just want to get to the end of the series. Only one book to go and I hope to tackle that one this month.
  • Just One Day by Gayle Forman, ★★★★★
    I absolutely adored this book and wrote a full review that you can have a look at here.
  • Just One Year by Gayle Forman, ★★★★★
    Even though the second book wasn't as magical as the first one, I still loved it and reading from Willem's point of view was really interesting.
  • Just One Night by Gayle Forman, ★★★★★
    This is the novella taking place after Just One Year and I think this was brilliantly done to satisfy the reader's need to know what happens after but without having to bring up new problems to keep everything interesting. I really liked this quick ending to a beautiful story.
So these are all the books I read this past month. Let me know if you've read any of them and what you thought. For December, I actually have quite some books that I want to read before the year ends. First of all, I finally started The Book Thief and as expected it's taking me a little longer than normal to get through, so I want to finish that one soon. I also really want to read Let It Snow and My True Love Gave To Me to get me into the holiday spirit. Then, as mentioned I intend to finish off the Lux series this year by reading Opposition. I also really want to read The Bane Chronicles and, if there's even more time Ignite or The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.

That's it, thank you for reading!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...