Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #2: All Time Favorite Authors

 
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is All Time Favorite Authors and boy, was it a hard one. I don't have ten TOP favorite authors but then of course a lot that I really like. So it was hard to choose exactly ten to mention here. Also, I tried to not pick authors that I've only read one book or series from because I think it takes more than one good story to become a favorite author. But of course there are also some of those on here, mostly because I'm convinced that I will like anything that they write. 

So before we get to my list of favorites, I want to mention two authors at this point that haven't made the top ten, even though I love the one series I read by them to pieces. First, someone who I'm sure will be mentioned in many Top Ten Tuesday posts: J.K. Rowling. Of course, I love the Harry Potter series; they're the books I grew up with and will always have a special place in my heart. But somehow I'm not very interested in Rowling's other books, such as The Casual Vacancy or The Cuckoo's Calling (which she worte as Robert Galbraith), which is why I can't really call her a favorite author, even though Harry Potter is certainly one of my favorite series. The same goes for Suzanne Collins. The Hunger Games trilogy is another of my all time favorites, but since I haven't read anything else by Suzanne Collins, I didn't want to put her in my favorites.

But now, let's get to my actual list of Top Ten All Time Favorite Authors. I tried to put these in some sort of order, whereas the top five really are my top favorite authors.


10. Sophie Kinsella
I used to read a lot more by Sophie Kinsella before I got into YA but she's still one of those authors where I know that I will like any book I pick up. I haven't read the Shopaholic series, but most of her standalone novels, which I all love.

9. Abbi Glines
Abbi Glines' books are kind of a guilty pleasure of mine. I absolutely love her Rosemary Beach series even though I'm well aware that it isn't the height of literature. Her books just make me feel good and I will continue reading them as they come out. I also gave the Sea Breeze books a try but kind of hated the first one. Still, I intend to continue with those as well and hope they will get better with time.

8. Jamie McGuire
So far, I've only read the Beautiful Disaster/Maddox Brothers series/companion novels, whatever you want to call it. I do intend to try her other books and as soon as she writes something else in the New Adult genre, I will be all over that. Her writing style is so easy to read and her books, again, just make me feel good and happy.

7. Stephanie Perkins
Just like every other person on this planet, I loved Anna, Lola and Isla. I've also read My True Love Gave To Me and Stephanie Perkins' story was one of my favorites. I just need more by her because she writes the cutest stories ever.

6. Cassandra Clare
I'm going to read everything Cassandra Clare comes out with. Unlike some other people, I love the idea of more than one series taking place in the same world and I will most likely never get bored of the Shadowhunter world. I liked The Mortal Instruments, loved The Infernal Devices and am looking forward to anything else we'll get.


5. Gayle Forman
Another contemporary author I admire. Even though none of Gayle Forman's books can quite live up to the Just One Day duology, so far I liked everything by her and will continue to read anything she comes out with.


4. Sarah J. Maas
This is where I cheat a little because obviously I've only read the Throne of Glass books by her. But considering how blown away by those I am and all my excitement for A Court of Thorns and Roses, I think it's safe to say that Sarah J. Maas is indeed a favorite author of mine. 


3. John Green
It's been a while since I read a John Green book but he has a top spot in this list for sure. I just love his writing and enjoyed each and every one of his books.


2. Laini Taylor
I first fell in love with Laini Taylor's writing through her story in My True Love Gave To Me. With the Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy, my love has grown and grown and grown. Laini Taylor knows how to touch my heart by stringing words together.


1. Rainbow Rowell
Does this come as a surprise? I don't think so. Fangirl was the first book I ever read by Rainbow Rowell and even though I didn't like the others quite as much, I've never been let down by a Rainbow Rowell book. Her stories and especially the characters always feel very real and I just want sequels to all of her books.

What about you? Do we share any favorite authors?



No comments:

Post a Comment