Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #6: Fall TBR

Hello there, I am baaack! I'm sorry for the absence this month but university started again last week and before that I was on holidays (again). I've been trying to get used to going back to uni this past week and it hasn't worked out very well so far. Of course I also want to get back into blogging, but this semester looks like it's going to be pretty stressful and I don't know how much time I will find for my blog. Enough, hopefully. But anyway, I'm here today with another Top Ten Tuesday!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's topic is Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR. Fall is finally here and I have to admit, I'm glad about the slightly colder temperatures and the chance to wear a jacket and boots again. Of course I also want to read lots of books this season, but here are my top ten I want to get to (in no particular order):



Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
I'm currently reading The Dream Thieves and I'm really enjoying this series so far. The characters are all growing on me and I can't wait to see what happens with them.

I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
I know, why haven't I read this already? I've had this book for a while and I honestly have never heard one bad word about it. Everyone loves it so much, but for some reason I still haven't read it. I'm definitely planning to change this SOON!

Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley
Even if the cover is the primary reason why I bought this book, I'm also really intrigued by the story. For some reason, this sounds like the perfect fall book for me (don't ask me why, though).

Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway
I have such high expectations for this book and I can't wait to see if it lives up to them. I really, really need a good contemporary book in my life again. I feel like I haven't read one that has truly warmed my heart in a while and this sounds like exactly one of those books.

The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
Of course, fall is also the time to read some fantasy books. For some reason, I haven't read this book yet even though I've had it sitting on my shelf for a while. I really want to get to it and the cover looks very appropriate for the season in my opinion, so there's nothing holding me back.




All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
My wonderful boyfriend got me this book and I'm really glad he did. I think this is one of the books that I would've made excuses for not buying for way too long because I know it's going to be hard to read and I know it will take me a while to get through. But all the fantastic things I've heard about it have convinced me that I need to read this book, and soon!

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
I know, I know, I know. Another shameful confession: I haven't started The Lunar Chronicles yet. But I'm fully prepared to hop on that bandwagon now, so calm down. I was so excited when I first got this book and I wanted to start it right away. But then I didn't, for some reason. And I kept not reading it until I got to a point where it felt almost too late to start now. But I'm doing it, I promise. Before the year is over, I will have read this book.

Wonder by R.J. Palacio
This was a rather recent purchase but it sounds so all-around amazing that I want to get to it as soon as possible. I think it's a book I need to be in the mood for, though, so it's probably not going to be the very first I'll pick up from this list.

Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
Another one of those books that I've been so excited for when they first came out but then ended up just not reading. And now the sequel is coming out and I still haven't read the first book. But I intend to change that this fall, too. 

All I Know Now: Wonderings and Reflections on Growing Up Gracefully by Carrie Hope Fletcher
Carrie is so talented and wonderful and I love watching her videos. I can't wait to hear what she has to say in her book, I'm sure it will be great.

That's it for my fall TBR. I hope you're all having a great week!

What are some books on your Fall TBR?
Which book should I pick up first?


No comments:

Post a Comment