Sunday, May 8, 2016

April 2016 Wrap-Up

Hello there and happy May! Let's have a look at what I read and bought last month, shall we?

What I Read

  • The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski, 5/5 ★
  • This one was the perfect ending to an even more perfect trilogy. If you haven't read The Winner's Curse yet, what are you even doing?

  • The Score by Elle Kennedy, 3/5 ★
  • After such an epic fantasy book, I needed some light reading, and this one worked wonderfully for that. New Adult is my go-to genre when I need to stop thinking and just read, and Elle Kennedy has managed to keep my eye-rolling at a minimum with her Off-Campus companion series.

  • The Heir by Kiera Cass, 4/5 ★
  • This was definitely the biggest surprise for me this month. I went into this book with pretty low expectations, and they were far exceeded! Here's my full review.

  • A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab, 5/5 ★
  • This book blew me away. I still think about it all the time, and it's given me the worst book hangover. Nothing will ever live up to the awesomeness that was this book. I attempted to write a coherent review, but mostly just shouted how much I loved EVERYTHING.

  • Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon, 3/5 
  • Unfortunately, this book didn't really meet my expectations. I wrote a full review for this one as well.

  • Uprooted by Naomi Novik, 5/5 ★
  • This was all around great. Beautiful writing, gripping plot, complex characters and a unique, rather dark feel to the whole story - it definitely lived up to the hype for me!

What I Bought


That's it! What are some new additions to your bookshelf? 
Any new favorites you discovered this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment