Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sophie Kinsella and Jennifer E. Smith

Hello there.

I have read some more books! I have now finished the first 10 books of my aim of reading 30 books in 2014. And the latest additions to my read-shelf have been The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith and Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella.




I've ordered The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight (seriously? this is like the longest book title ever) online together with Every Day (which I talked about in my last books post) and decided to save it for last. Not really save it, I just wanted to read the other one first. And I don't really know what to say about it. It's a good book. It's not outstanding and it's not bad. It's just a good read (if you like chick lit) and I enjoyed it. I've really felt like reading those kind of easy-going books lately that you can just read through in one take. And The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is a perfect example for such a book. It's a really nice story about these two teenagers who meet at the airport and then happen to sit next to each other on the flight from New York to London. It's all set in a very short amount of time (24 hours I think) and that's pretty much why I bought it in the first place. Maybe not the best idea because now I feel like it makes the story quite unrealistic (well, what did I expect?) but I liked it anyway. It turned out to be more family drama than teenager love drama which I quite liked as well. It's just a good book. You should go read it and write a better review about it because I really don't know what to tell you.


So, on to number 10 of my books-I-read-in-2014-list: I actually read through the ebook of Can You Keep a Secret before actually buying a hardcopy. Which is very unlike me. But what can I say, I couldn't really stop reading. I love Sophie Kinsella so I was quite sure I was gonna like this book. The storyline sounded like the perfect mix between very-unlikely-to-ever-happen and I'll-just-pretend-it's-possible and it didn't let me down. Like pretty much every chick lit, there's the typical ups and downs and you know from the beginning what's going to happen but enjoy reading how the story exactly turns out anyway. And it's absolutely hilarious too. You get to know all the most secret secrets of this woman Emma (which she all tells a stranger on a plane) and they're just hilarious and so relatable. And of course that stranger turns out not to be exactly a stranger (as in he's the boss of the company she works for). And it all gets quite complicated and very funny from there.

I would definitely recommend both of these books for some relaxing reading and getting lost in these people's lives that are all up and down and then turn out fine in the end anyway.

Thank you so much for reading!





2 comments:

  1. Oh I love Sophie Kinsella's books too!!!! I have almost all of them except the last one that came out last year. I love the Shopaholic series. Have you read them? I read Can You Keep a Secret a few years ago. You are right, it is soooo hilarious!!! Emma is so daft yet loveable. The one thing I can remember that I think was too unrealistic though was the fact that the guy remembered EVERYTHING that she told him on the plane. He must have had a fantastic memory! Anyway, great post and cool blog.

    http://gizzlemizzle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I've actually never read the Shopaholic series and I really don't know why. But somehow I've always liked her other books better and ended up reading those first. But maybe I'll catch up on the Shopaholic books one day, when I've read all her other books. And you're definitely right, that was quite unrealistic but I don't really mind with these kinds of books, I love to read them even though I know that things like that don't happen.

      Delete