Wednesday, May 7, 2014

April Wrap-Up


Hi there. I've decided to start a new thing at the end of each month where I talk about what books I've read in the past month and write a very short review. So here I am with my April Wrap-Up. (and yes, I do realize it's already a week into May) I've read 7 books this past month which I'm really happy about.

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
The first book I've finished in April is City of Lost Souls. I guess I read most of it at the end of March, but I've decided that it counts anyway. I really enjoyed this book and I've written a full post about it, which you can go have a look at here if your interested. I gave this five out of five stars on goodreads as it was my favourite of the series so far.

Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
After finishing The Mortal Instruments series, I just needed more. So I went and picked these three books up that take place in the same Shadowhunter World. These books were brilliant. I liked them so much better than The Mortal Instruments and they just blew me away completely. I loved the fact that the series got better with each book and then by the time I got to the end of Clockwork Princess, I was so attached to the characters that I couldn't believe this was the actual end.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
So after The Infernal Devices, I didn't feel like starting a new series and decided to read Fangirl, a book I had intended to read for quite a while. And I couldn't believe how good it was. Trust me, if you haven't already, you need to read this book. The characters are all absolutely amazing and I want each and everyone of them to be my friend. I talk a little more about how much I love this book here, but it would definitely be best if you just read book yourself.

The Sense Of An Ending by Julian Barnes
I didn't have any more books at home that I wanted to really really read but I decided to still read this one before buying new ones. My mom got this for me quite a while ago and I never felt like reading it. And that's probably because I don't think I'm the type of person this book was meant for. I just didn't like it very much even though I can imagine other people really loving this. I've been into YA books so much, I just couldn't thoroughly enjoy this one. Still gave it a three out of five star rating on goodreads because, you know, it wasn't really bad, just not for me.

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
So after that I went book shopping. And of course I had to get this one and immediately start reading it. I had such high hopes after Fangirl and it almost almost lived up to them. At the beginning, it was absolutely amazing. Such a cute story and I absolutely fell in love with it. But then towards the end it wasn't all that great anymore for me. And  I didn't like the ending either. I just couldn't understand it. So it was kind of disappointing, having this fabulous book with a not-so-great ending. But overall definitely a wonderful story that I enjoyed very much.

So those are all the books I've read in April and even though at this point I've already finished four more books, those will be included in my May Wrap-Up. And you may be thinking "is she crazy, she is reading a lot of books!" now and I've had the same thought so I changed my 2014 Reading Challenge on Goodreads from 30 to 50 books. Which is a lot. But maybe I'll make it anyway. Thank you so much for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment