Tuesday, April 29, 2014

London

Hello there! As you may know, I went to London for the weekend with my friends from work which was all kinds of fun. But also very very exhausting. Our flight left on Friday morning at 8am which meant I had to get up at five in the morning, which is of course way too early. But it also meant that we arrived in London at 8am and had all day to explore London.

After dropping our bags off at our hotel near Waterloo station, we took a bus to Piccadilly Circus and then started off from there. Our first stop was Topshop where we spent way too much time (but how could you not, it's huge and amazing and wonderful). After that we went to Madame Tussauds. I've never been to a wax museum before and didn't really know what to expect. I guess it was pretty cool but didn't really blow me away at first. But then there was a small ride and we even got to watch a 4D movie. So with all that I have to say it was better than expected. After we got out of Madame Tussauds, it started to rain and we got lost, so it took us two hours to get back to our hotel. And I was SO TIRED. So we stayed at our hotel for dinner which was really good. And then I went to bed. Best moment of the day.

On Saturday we did a whole lot more shopping. Like a lot a lot. We didn't really do anything else. And I was so surprised by how many things I found that I genuinly liked. Whenever I go shopping here at home, I'm usually too tired after one hour and most of the time don't buy much at all. It must've been the London air because I managed to get through a whole day of shopping with only some moments of absolute exhaustion. And I bought quite a lot of things which I'm really happy about.
it was already dark, our hotel room wasn't very well lit and I only had my phone - sorry!
We finally got round to doing some sightseeing on Sunday and then got on our flight back home in the evening. All in all the weekend was great and very exhausting. I didn't really take any pictures (ups) but might do another picture post once I get the photos my friends took. For now you'll have to do with the standard out-of-the-plane photograph and the bad quality. But thank you anyway for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment