Sunday, February 5, 2017

January 2017 Wrap-Up


I haven't done a wrap-up in forever but it's a new year, so why not pick it back up again. Wrap-ups are some of my favorite posts to do, so I really don't know why I ever stopped uploading them.


What I Read


I finished four books in January, which is a little less than I expected to read but I'm okay with it.
  • Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo, 3/5 ★
  • This book took me over two months to read, and I definitely kind of lost interest in the middle and was bored enough to put it down and pick up other books in between. This was redeemed by the ending though, when the story really picked up again and I was completely sucked back in.

  • Him by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy, 5/5 ★
  • This was such a positive surprise to me and overall just a great New Adult book. The main characters were very mature and there wasn't a lot of drama, which was so refreshing and amazing to read about. There are some very graphic scenes so I'd definitely make sure you're okay with that before going into this.

  • Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo, 4.5/5 ★
  • This is by far my favorite book in the series and I was so happy at how much I enjoyed reading it. The story was action-packed and emotional and definitely made me feel a lot of feels. There are some things that I found could've been done better (and characters that deserved better in my opinion), but overall I really fell in love with this book and I finally cared about the characters and it was just great.

  • Amour Amour by Krista and Becca Ritchie, 4/5 ★
  • This was another great read and Krista and Becca Ritchie have definitely secured their place among my favorite New Adult authors. Their books are just alway so unique, and this one was no exception. I fell in love with the circus atmosphere, and it was really interesting to get the behind-the-scenes insight into it all. And then there's a whole set of unique, authentic and well developed characters, and the family dynamics between them was probably my favorite part of this story.

What I Bought


I spent over a week in London in January, which obviously resulted in me buying way more books than I usually would. There are just English books everywhere, how am I supposed to resist? I also started counting in the ebooks I buy, which also hasn't helped my plan to reduce my TBR. 

That's it! What's your favorite book you read last month?



No comments:

Post a Comment