Wednesday, October 10, 2018

The Last 10 Book Tag


I seem to be in a blogging mood recently but I'm a little at a loss when it comes to potential topics to talk about. But you know what's always fun? That's right: tags! It's been forever since I last did one and I definitely wasn't tagged by anyone to do this, but when I saw The Last 10 Book Tag around on booktube, it sounded fun and I wanted to try it. So here we go!


1. The last book you didn't finish?
I quite often start books and then stop when I can't get into them, but I don't count those as not finishing because I know I'll read them eventually. I do have some books that I mark as dnf and I know I won't ever finish them, but those are very rare. In fact, I think I only ever dnf-ed four books, the most recent one being The Hook Up by Kristen Callihan. Another book I can think of that I started but didn't finish and, to be honest, probably won't ever finish is Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. I actually quite enjoyed Red Queen when I read it but when I started Glass Sword, I just wasn't really interested in the story or the world anymore, so I don't think I will ever finish that series or that book.


2. The last book you re-read?
This year, I've been rereading a lot of books, and it's been such a great time. I really love rereading my favorites. The last series I reread was the Penryn and the End of Days series by Susan Ee and I loved it so much. I really think that this series is so underrated, so I highly recommend reading Angelfall if you haven't already!


3. The last book you bought?
My sister put me on a book buying ban until after my birthday, so I'm currently resisting the temptation of getting new books. But the last ones I was allowed to get were China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan and Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng. 


4. The last book you said you read but didn't?
I really don't think I ever said I read a book when I didn't. Why would I do that? I don't really understand this question, I think.


5. The last book you wrote in the margins of?
I really don't do this for the books I read for fun. My law textbooks, however, are a completely different story. But I'm not sure those count.


6. The last book you had signed?
I've never met an author or had a book personalized and signed for me as that is quite difficult living in Switzerland. But! My mom got me signed Throne of Glass hardcovers for my birthday two years ago and it was honestly the best gift ever. I'd wanted to get hardcovers of that series for a long time because it's one of my favorites, so receiving them signed was unbelievable!


7. The last book you lost?
I can't think of any book I really lost but I've definitely lent out books that I haven't gotten back (until now at least). I don't really have any hopes of having my copy of The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger returned to me as it's been a long time since I lent that one out. 


8. The last book you had to replace?
Again, I don't think I personally had to replace any books before. But my sister recently borrowed my Penryn and the End of Days trilogy which she then managed to get soaked, so she promised to replace it for me. Same thing happened when I lent out The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien and my friend lost it. 


9. The last book you had an argument over?
I recently had a debate with my sister over the Throne of Glass series when we were trying to figure out what might happen in the last book. Unfortunately, I didn't remember that she hadn't read Tower of Dawn at that time and ended up spoiling her big time. Ooops..


10. The last book you couldn't get hold of?
Well, this happens to me all the time because English books are somewhat rare in Swiss bookstores and I often go to look for a particular book that they just don't have and end up having to order it online. But really, that's not too bad. However, I have also always wanted the gorgeous white and gold special edition of The Hunger Games trilogy that you just can't get anywhere anymore and I'm still a little heartbroken about it. It's just so damn beautiful!


What were your last ten? Let me know your answers. If you're still reading this, consider yourself tagged!



No comments:

Post a Comment