Friday, April 26, 2019

10 Popular YA Series I Haven't Read


With Trash My TBR and the likes going around, I've also been inspired to take a look at my goodreads to-read shelf lately, out of curiosity for what I would find there. Like many people, my goodreads tbr has gotten out of hand a long time ago and I tend to add books randomly and then forget about them days later. So today I want to talk about some popular YA series that I found that I never ended up starting, even though they seem to be beloved by many people. These are all older releases that people were talking about a lot when I first started my blog around 5 years ago, which I think is why most of them also happen to be dystopian.


1. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
I remember adding this to my TBR in the midst of reading The Hunger Games, Divergent and the like. I never ended up actually picking up the series, though, and my excitement about dystopian books has definitely dwindled in the years since, so I don't think I will actually ever get around to reading this series. 

2. Legend by Marie Lu
I remember absolutely everyone on booktube loving this series, which is why I ended up adding this to my TBR. To this day, I have yet to read anything by Marie Lu but she's definitely still an author I want to get to at some point. So even though this is also dystopia, I'm still interested in picking this up.

3. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Another one of the dystopian bunch, what a surprise. This actually has an interesting premise, but I'm still not really sure I will ever end up picking it up. It's just one of those books that keeps disappearing from my mind 5 seconds after I come across it.

4. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
Last dystopian on this list, I promise! I don't actually know anything about this book at all, except that it was super popular when I first got back into reading. Somehow, though, I'm still not ready to give up on the idea of one day reading it, though.



5. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
This seems to be one of the most beloved 'older' YA fantasy books out there. I see it pop up on people's underrated favorites lists from time to time and it definitely makes me curious. Since I'm still a big fantasy reader, I should really give this one a try at some point.

6. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
I feel like this is one of the more polarizing books on this list. Still, since so many people have read this series, I feel like I'm missing out if I don't at least give it a try. It probably won't happen very soon, but maybe someday.

7. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
I specifically remember the cover change in this series causing a lot of controversy back in the day (and I can understand why!). I'm not a big sci-fi reader but it's a genre I want to try more of, so I'm  definitely keeping this one on my TBR.

8. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
I don't think this series is actually that popular, but it appealed to me because it's a German author. I like the idea of reading German YA fantasy, but the mixed reviews have kept me from actually picking up this series so far.

9. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rodes
Even though the later books in the series seem to be a little less popular, this is still a series I really want to give a try. The fact that there are so many books, however, is kind of scaring me off, but I'm still determined to overcome this and read the series eventually.

10. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Okay, let's end this list the way we started it: with a dystopian YA. Even though this series is so beloved, it definitely belongs to those dystopian books I've simply lost interest in. 


That's it for my list! Let me know if there are any books that I should push up on my TBR, or any that I shouldn't bother with at all? Which ones are worth the hype?




No comments:

Post a Comment