Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Opposite Books Tag

Hello there!

I have decided to do the Opposite Book Tag today, yaay! I didn't really know what to write about so I thought, hey, you love tags, why not do one of those and heey, you love books, why not do a book tag. So then I went and searched for book tags and found this one that I really like. And here it goes.

First book in your collection / last book you bought
I bought three books today so I didn't have to think about that one but first book in my collection? Hmm.. Well it's definitely one in German because I started to read way before I learned English. And I have most of my old books boxed away somewhere because my room is just too small. But of the ones sitting on my shelf right now, I'd probably say it's Türkisvogel by Federica de Cesco. And the three books I bought today are City of Fallen Angels and City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare and Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella.

A cheap book / an expensive book
For cheap I'll go with The Song Reader by Lisa Tucker because I bought this for I think 2 or 5 Swiss Francs in some super sale. And most expensive one would definitely be my Advanced Biology book that I had to buy for school but I'm not sure that counts. And other than that I think all of the hardcover ones I own were about the same. 

A book with a male protagonist / one with a female protagonist
I just realized that I own hardly any books with a male protagonist, so I'm gonna have to go with Harry Potter. And the Hunger Games because Katniss kicks ass and she's like my favorite character ever and have I mentioned that I love the Hunger Games!

A book you read fast / one that took you long to read
I read The Fault in our Stars in one day, so yes, that one. One that took me long to read, hmm. Well, the A Song of Ice and Fire books took me quite long to but not at all because I didn't like them, they're just not those kind of books you read through in one take.

Pretty cover / ugly cover
I'm gonna say Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern is a really really pretty cover. It's just oh so girly and lovely and it makes me happy just looking at it. And the most ugly cover ever would have to be Die Schwarze Spinne by Jeremias Gotthelf (another German one, I'm sorry) because, well, there's a freaking spider on it. I am terrified of spiders and when we read it in school (I would never buy a book called 'The Black Spider' for myself) I had to stick a piece of paper over the spider because I couldn't toucht the thing. 

A national book / an international book
I don't really know what is asked here but I'll just assume I'm supposed to name a Swiss book and any non-Swiss book. So here you go: Homo Faber by Max Frisch is a book I've read by a Swiss author. I read this for my final exams in school. It's a good book, but like brilliant good, where you can interpret something into every sentence and one I don't think I would've read outside of school. And for international I'm gonna name a Spanish book that I've read in German and that hasn't been translated to English (I don't know why I keep doing this, writing a blog in English and talking about books that are not English. I'm sorry). It's a trilogy called Geheime Welt Idhun (in German) and Memorias de Idhún (in Spanish). I haven't read it in a very very long time but I absolutely loved it when I was younger and I've probably read each of the books about a thousand times.

A thin book / a thick book
These two are both books I read for school. I own many thin books in German but to show my good will, I've found a thin one in English as well. I picked The Importance of Being Ernest by Oscar Wilde (67 pages) because it's probably my favourite book I've read in school. And the longest one is Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoi (1227 pages) that I read for my final exams in Russian. Believe me, I regretted chosing this book. It took me over a year to read (longer than all of the asoiaf books together, so I should have probably mentioned this earlier) and that's really bad considering I had to read about 15 other books for my finals as well. But I did it and I'm glad I did.

Fiction book / non-fiction book
I'm gonna say Divirgent by Veronica Roth for fiction book because I love it and I haven't mentioned it yet. And for non-fiction I chose Desert Flower by Waries Dirie, which has to be one of the most powerful books I've ever read, it's so heartbreaking and the worst part is that it's non-fiction and all of what you read is true and happening.

Very (way too) romantic book / action book
This is super hard for me, I can't think of a book for either of the categories. But I've decided to go with The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks because it's Nicholas Sparks and even though I love reading his books from time to time, they are all somewhat cheesy. And I really really don't read action books. Like really. There has to be a lot of romance in every book for me. But the least romantic books I've probably read have to be the Game of Thrones series but that's not really action either, is it? I just don't know.

A book that made you happy / one that made you sad
I'm gonna say Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella made me happy. I don't really remember all of the book to be honest but I remember it as a happy book. So there you go. It's a lot easier to think of books that made me sad. Desert Flower, for example, made me really really sad in a very serious way. And then Mockingjay made me sad in a totally different way just by connecting to the characters so much that I got lost in the story world and cried my eyes out even though I knew it wasn't really happening, not like Desert Flower. But the one I cried about most is definitely The Fault in our Stars. I think I've talked about how absolutely lost and helpless it made me feel often enough.

So on this very bright note, the tag is done. Please let me know your thoughts on any of the books or any of the questions. If you have thoughts, which I'm sure you do. You'd be my hero. Thank you so much for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment