Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Clockwork Princess and Fangirl

Hello there and happy belated Easter, I guess. I wanted this post to be about my lovely prolonged weekend and I am very sorry that it won't be but I've finished two absolutely brilliant books that I need to talk about.


So, the first one that I've finished yesterday is - of course - Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. And let me just say that it blew my mind. It was incredible. I did not expect that many emotions flowing out of me at all. And yes, I am talking about crying and crying and crying because it was all just too much. TOO MUCH! I'm telling you. If you have not read The Infernal Devices - what are you doing? Seriously, go to a book shop right now and buy those books. They are beautiful, they are perfect and they are going to make you fall in love with the everyone that is in it. You cannot imagine all the feelings I got reading that last book. It was so much more than I had hoped for. It was so incredibly good. Brilliant. Amazing. And it was so much better than Clockwork Prince. And if you've read my last post about why I love books you'll know that Clockwork Prince was already perfect. I can't handle all this. Seriously. First I was crying because of all the absolutely heartbreaking things going on. I'm not going to spoil you. I'm just going to say that it's too much. Way too much. But then fifty pages after that I was laughing out loud. Like an absolute idiot, in my room, lying in my bed and I could not stop laughing. And then I was embarrassed and worried and I felt more helpless than I ever have. And you know, I had to leave my room and the book behind at some points, obviously, but when I picked it up again it took me approximately five seconds to start crying again. Because that's how much the story pulls you in and there is no getting out. It was just brilliant, believe me. Read it. Go. Right now. Go go go.



So after the emotional rollercoaster that is Clockwork Princess I had to read something light hearted. Something fluffy and beautiful. No fantasy, nothing that was going to make me cry. So I picked up Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell which I had wanted to read for absolutely ages. This was yesterday afternoon. And I was not ready for what happened after that at all. I was pulled right out of the Shadowhunter world into this amazing story that Rainbow Rowell created. It was so beautiful. So so beautiful. I felt right at home with Cather. How could I not? And it made me laugh. So much. And even though I thought I had chosen a book that wouldn't, it also made me cry. But this time, I cried of joy. It all just made me so incredibly happy. This must be one of the happiest books I've ever read. And one of my favourites. It was just beautiful. I can't stress enough what a beautiful story it was. I mean look at the cover. Doesn't that mint grean color just scream happiness right at your face? The only tiniest let down with Fangirl for me was the ending. But every ending would've probably been a let down because I just did not want that book to end. I could've read on and on about the lives of Cath and Levi and Reagan (who has got to be the best person ever) and Wren and oh my god, please do not let it stop. As I was getting closer and closer to the end, I felt so anxious about actually turning that last page. It just could not happen. Please do not make it happen. And then it did. It just ended. And a little too abruptly for my taste. But I don't even really care anymore at this point. I'm overwhelmed by all the awesomeness that was this book.

And now I'm scared to pick up another book because I can't imagine it living up to these two brilliant stories I've just finished. It has been two crazy reading days. And two crazily brilliant books. And I don't want everything to go downhill from here even though I know it probably will.

But anyway, thank you very much for reading this. And now you should go and pick up either Clockwork Angel and start an incredible journey to 19th century London or if you're feeling a little more girly and bubbly, get Fangirl. You'll love it, I promise.



No comments:

Post a Comment