Sunday, August 2, 2015

BookTube-A-Thon TBR

Hello there. As you might know, the BookTube-A-Thon starts tomorrow and even though I don't actually have a booktube channel, I decided to participate and post about my progress on my blog, because why not? If you want to know more about the read-a-thon, go have a look at the official youtube channel and twitter. Basically, the goal is to read as much as possible in one week (August 3 - August 9) and there are seven reading challenges to try to accomplish. I chose the books I want to read around those challenges and could even convince my sister to participate as well, so here are our TBRs:



1. Read a book with blue on the cover
I've already read this book in school once but didn't enjoy it very much. Now I've decided that I want to give it another chance because I think I just didn't really understand a lot the first time I read it and this should be different now.

Valérie: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Can you believe my sister has never actually read this book before? I couldn't, so I told her to read it since it also goes perfectly with the challenge.

2. Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name 
Karin: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Valérie: The Archived by Victoria Schwab

3. Read someone else's favourite book
Karin: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
All of my friends that actually like to read usually get their books from me, so I've already read all of their favorites. So for this challenge, I had a look at the favorites shelves of some of my goodreads friends, and Jess over at My Reading Dress had marked The Raven Boys as one of her all time favorites. She told me before that I shouldn't give up on Maggie Stiefvater after not liking Shiver, so this seems like a great opportunity to take Jess's advice and give Stiefvater's books a second chance.

Valérie: Just One Day by Gayle Forman
My sister wanted to read my favorite book but because she already has read Fangirl, I had to choose one of my (many) other favorites.

4. Read the last book you acquired 
Karin: Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley
Honestly, I simply bought this book because of the cover but now I guess I'm going to read it sooner than I thought.

Valérie: The Heir by Kiera Cass
This is the last book that she borrowed from me (before putting together this TBR), so I think it counts.

5. Finish a book without letting go of it
Karin: Die Physiker by Friedrich Dürrenmatt
Obviously, I chose a short one for this challenge. This is a German play that I read in school and absolutely loved, so I thought a reread was in order.

Valérie: Die Nase by Nikolaj Gogol
Another very short classic, this time from a Russian author. I read this for school as well and recommended it to my sister because it's a fun and short read.

6. Read a book you really want to read
Karin: The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
I've had this book for quite a while and really want to read it. I always thought that this would make a great read-a-thon book because it's pretty short. Now that I'm finally participating in a read-a-thon, I just had to read this book.

Valérie: P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
Like me, my sister loved To All The Boys I've Loved Before but unlike me, she hasn't read the sequel yet but really wants to.

7. Read seven books
Karin: When You're Back by Abbi Glines and Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
I highly doubt I'm actually going to complete this last challenge but I chose two additional (rather short) books.

Valérie: Saga Volume One by Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Staples
Graphic novels are obviously a great choice for read-a-thon and my sister chose rather big books for the other challenges, so this works great for her.


That's it for our BookTube-A-Thon TBRs. Obviously, these aren't set in stone and we might change them up a little during the week. I really want to fulfill the first six challenges but I most likely won't manage to read seven books due to work and other things. This is the first read-a-thon I'm participating in, so hopefully it will be lots of fun and get me to read more than I usually do. I will try to upload update posts throughout the week (maybe even daily) to let you know how my sister and I are doing with the challenges.

Are you participating in the 2015 BookTube-A-Thon?
If yes, what are you going to read?


No comments:

Post a Comment