Tuesday, August 11, 2015

BookTube-A-Thon Wrap-Up

Hello there! I'm here today with my (as always slightly late) BookTube-A-Thon wrap-up! Let's see how my sister and I did with all the reading challenges.

Karin

Challenges:
1. Read a book with blue on the cover: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
2. Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name: The Raven Boys
3. Read someone else's favorite book: The Raven Boys
4. Read the last book you acquired 
5. Finish a book without letting go of it
6. Read a book you really want to read: The Truth About Alice
7. Read seven books

Page count:
60 (The Wrath & the Dawn)
+ 199 (The Truth About Alice)
+ 268 (The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time)
+ 408 (The Raven Boys)
= 935 pages

To be fair, I only finished The Raven Boys today, but I'm still counting it (otherwise I would've failed even worse and we don't want that, right?). I honestly thought I would do much better than this but, if you compare this post to my mid-week update, I hardly read anything in the second part of the week, even though I would've had much more time then.

Valérie

Challenges:
1. Read a book with blue on the cover: The Fault in Our Stars
2. Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name 
3. Read someone else's favorite book: Just One Day 
4. Read the last book you acquired: The Heir
5. Finish a book without letting go of it
6. Read a book you really want to read: P.S. I Still Love You
7. Read seven books

Page count:
152 (The Heir)
+ 337 (P.S. I Still Love You)
+ 313 (The Fault in Our Stars)
+ 304 (Just One Day)
= 1,106 pages

My sister did a little better but she also only managed to complete four challenges. At least, compared to the mid-week update, she managed to read two more books in the second part of the week. But then we're going to have to be honest here again: She hasn't quite finished Just One Day yet.


Okay, so as you can see, we didn't do very good. And the fact that I only now counted the pages so that we're basically including two more reading days than all the other people, I guess we completely, totally failed. But these things happen, right? What I am taking from this experience is that I'm too much of a mood reader for read-a-thons. This doesn't mean that I won't ever participate in one again, because it was fun. But I just can't force myself to read and I don't want to. I only want to read when I feel like it so that I can get the most out of it. And I think that's okay.

Did anyone else completely fail the BookTube-A-Thon?
Please, so that I can feel better?



No comments:

Post a Comment