Sunday, November 23, 2014

Just One Day | Book Review

 Allyson Healey's life is exactly like her suitcase - packed, planned, ordered. Then on the last day of her three-week post-graduation European tour, she meets Willem. A free-spirited, roving actor, Willem is everything she's not, and when he invites her to abandon her plans and come to Paris with him, Allyson says yes. This uncharacteristic decision leads to a day of risk and romance, liberation and intimacy: twenty-four hours that will transform Allyson's life.

A book about love, heartbreakt, travel, identity, and the "accidents" of fate, Just One Day shows us how sometimes in order to get found, you first have to get lost... and often the people we are seeking are much closer than we know.

I absolutely loved Allyson's story. I felt so many things throughout this book and I am so so glad I picked it up. To be honest, I was expecting a very cheesy romance where you know from the beginning how everything is gonna turn out but it's still gonna leave a little smile on your face. But this book was so much more than that and it blew me away.

It's about love and friendship, change and becoming more independent. It's wonderful to see Allyson go through all these things that life throws at her and to see her develop and grow stronger and breaking free; it's simply an incredible journey that we get to go on with her.

I'm not going to tell you about how Willem and Allyson's story turns out but be prepared that it's not what you think. At the end of the book, I felt somewhat empty and heartbroken (don't worry though, I think that was just me, it's not a sad ending). It just made me want to pick up the second book immediately, which is what I did. I need more of this story and of Allyson and Willem.

I really recommend this book to anyone who doesn't absolutely despise everyhting contemporary. This book is not your typical teenage romance, trust me. It's so much better than that, so please go pick it up. Now.


No comments:

Post a Comment