Sunday, November 2, 2014

October Wrap-Up

Hello there. I'm here today with my October Wrap-Up, something I'm really not ready to do - where is this year going? It's freaking me out a little. But I did read quite a lot of books this month, 14 in total, which is kind of crazy considering that I have to read a lot for University as well.

So here are the books I read this month:
  • The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey | ★★★★ | Review of The 5th Wave
  • Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout | ★★★★ | Review coming soon
  • Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout | ★★★★ | Review coming soon
  • Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines | ★★★
  • Never Too Far by Abbi Glines | ★★★
  • Forever Too Far by Abbi Glines | ★★★
  • Rush Too Far by Abbi Glines | ★★★
  • Twisted Perfection by Abbi Glines | ★★★
  • Simple Perfection by Abbi Glines | ★★★
  • Take A Chance by Abbi Glines | ★★★★
  • Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout | ★★★ | Review coming soon
  • Vain by Amelie Fisher | ★★★ | Review
  • The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski | ★★★★★ | Review coming soon
  • Where She Went by Gayle Forman | ★★★★★ | Review coming soon
  • Hopeless by Colleen Hoover | ★★★★ | Review coming soon

Okay, so it might seem like I read a lot of books I didn't like that much but that's not quite true. I read through almost all the Rosemary Beach novels by Abbi Glines and I enjoyed all of them a lot but still only gave them a three star rating on goodreads. Why, you may ask? Well, even though the story really got me hooked and all the books were super fast-paced, they felt more like a guilty-pleasure read and somehow didn't deserve a higher rating in my opinion. Only with Take A Chance did I bring myself to give a four star rating because there I really really liked the main characters and it wasn't all quite so cliché and cheesy.

I decided to mention this in my wrap-up because I'm really not planning on reviewing each of these books, I don't really have a lot to say about any of them. If you like New Adult, you should definitely check them out but if that's not your cup of tea, stay clear.

Thank you for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment