Monday, November 17, 2014

Love, Rosie | Movie Review

Hello there. I went to see Love, Rosie today with my sister and I thought I would do a short review of the movie. As you may know, it is based on the book Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern (aka one of my alltime favorites), so I was super excited when I first found out they were turning it into a movie. The movie's been out for a while now but I only got around to actually going to see it today, but better late than never right?

If you're not familiar with the story of the book or the movie, it basically follows a guy and a girl (obviously) who have been best friends all their lives but there was always that MAYBE it could be more but then fate (or just a lot of unfortunate events) always keep that from happening. In the book, the story is actually told only through letters/emails/instant messages or the like. It made it so much more fun to read for me and if you're interested in a very short review that I wrote months back when I first started doing this book blog thing, you can go have a look at that here.

So obviously I was really curious about how they would incorporate those fun written exchanges in the movie and I also expected that the movie would be quite different from the book because the story in the book takes place over almost 50 years. That would obviously be difficult for a movie adaptation with all the actors staying the same age and so on. But while there were a lot of differences to the book, I still really loved the movie. It was just as cute and funny as the book and that's the most important part after all.

I don't want to give away too much here because I feel like anything I say will be a spoiler. So I can only very highly recommend both the book and the movie because the story of Rosie and Alex is one of the cutest, most heartwarming stories of friendship, family and love there is. Even though it wasn't the most perfect movie adaptation of a book I've ever seen, it gave me (almost) the same feeling I got when reading the book (all warm and fluffy). Plus, it doesn't hurt to get to look at Sam Claflin for two hours and both he and Lily Collins really did a great job in this movie. I really liked to see them together and they fit perfectly into their roles. I don't really picture characters in books as people when I read it but if I had to pick someone for Alex's part, Sam Claflin certainly is a wonderful choice.

Let me know if you've read the book or seen the movie and what you thought of it. If you haven't, go pick up the book now, I'm serious. Thank you for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment