Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #8: 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn't

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


Hello there. This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is top ten 2015 releases we meant to get to but didn't. I think this is the first time that I could actually think of more than ten books for a topic, so I had the pleasure of narrowing it down. Here they are in no particular order:


  • THE HEIR by Kiera Cass: I now realize that maybe the cover was the real reason why I had been so excited for this book. And it is gorgeous. But I heard some mixed things about the story which have kept me from picking it up so far.

  • ALL I KNOW NOW by Carrie Hope Fletcher: I adore Carrie and was super excited when she announced that she was writing a book. Unfortunately, said book is still sitting on my TBR shelf, waiting to be picked up. 

  • A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC by V.E. Schwab: I honestly don't understand how I didn't read this book last year. Everyone loves it and after reading Vicious, I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it too. Victoria Schwab has definitely made a new fan after I read Vicious, and I really need to start reading more of her books. 

  • AN EMBER IN THE ASHES by Sabaa Tahir: Another super hyped book that I'm pretty sure I'm going to love and yet it's just sitting on my TBR shelf waiting for me to pick it up. I don't know why.

  • EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING by Nicola Yoon: I had been so excited for this one for so long but then when it was released, I kind of forgot about all that excitement. But I got the book for christmas and once I'm in the mood for YA contemporary, I'm definitely going to pick it up. 

  • THE FILL-IN BOYFRIEND by Kasie West:  I hadn't really planned on reading this one right away. It just sounded cute and fun and like the perfect summer read. But it didn't happen in summer 2015, maybe it will happen this year.

  • SIMON VS. THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA by Becky Albertalli: I can't believe how often I almost bought this book but then didn't. So many people love this book and that makes me super excited to read it.

  • THE REST OF US JUST LIVE HERE by Patrick Ness: After reading the synopsis of this book, I decided it was time to give Patrick Ness another chance. So many people love his books and just because I really didn't enjoy The Knife of Never Letting Go doesn't mean I will automatically hate all his other books, right? Plus, I got this book for christmas as well, so nothing's stopping me now.

  • ILLUMINAE by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: Another christmas gift that I'm hoping to get to as soon as possible. Just flipping through the pages makes me excited because of the unique formatting.

  • ARMADA by Ernest Cline: This was one of my most anticipated releases of last year, and yet I have not read it. I had hoped for something as amazing as Ready Player One, but from what I've heard so far, that's unfortunately not the case.

Have you read any of these books?
Which one should I pick up first?



No comments:

Post a Comment