Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #9: Top Ten Books I've Recently Added to my TBR


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is books I've recently added to my TBR. I chose to focus on the books on my physical TBR because my goodreads to-read shelf is a mess and I just add whatever I feel like on there. But of course the one I end up buying are the books that I'm more 'serious' about, so these are the ones I'm going to talk about today.

  • SIMON VS. THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA by Becky Albertally: I am so excited for this book. I have only heard the very best things, so I'm very happy to finally own a copy of this book.

  • THE LIGHTNING THIEF by Rick Riordan: Another very exciting new addition to my TBR. Yes, I'm one of those few people that are not already in love with the Percy Jackson books and I'm hoping to change this soon. It's finally time to read this series and I'm ready.

  • UPROOTED by Naomi Novik: Definitely the prettiest recent addition to my TBR (I seriously can't stop looking at it). Another book I've heard nothing but great things about and I'm looking forward to learning what it's about.

  • THE REST OF US JUST LIVE HERE by Patrick Ness: Another gorgeous cover, another book I'm hoping to enjoy. I'm not really a fan of Patrick Ness but I'm willing to let this book change that.

  • THE MOTHER ROAD by Meghan Quinn: I received a digital copy of this book through NetGalley and I'm super excited to read it. I haven't really heard anything about it but it sounds like something I'll enjoy. Basically, it features a road trip, so I need it in my life.


  • EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING by Nicola Yoon: This story just sounds super cute and refreshing. I think I need to read an uplifting contemporary book soon and I'm hoping this book will be everything I want it to be.

  • ILLUMINAE by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: Everything about this book sounds awesome and I'm glad I finally have it in my hands.

  • MADE YOU UP by Francesca Zappia: This TTT could just as well be 'gorgeous covers' because I love the cover of Made You Up. I'm also excited to see what the story has to offer as I have heard some fantastic things (but also a few negative ones).

  • UNINVITED by Sophie Jordan: This is one I can't see myself read in the immediate future. When I feel like a sci-fi/dystopian read, I'll definitely pick this one up. It sounds super interesting and I can definitely see myself enjoying it but I think it's one of those books that I need to be in the mood for.

So that's it for this week's Top Ten Tuesday. I realize I only mentioned nine book but that's because I didn't want to feature books I bought months and months ago. I did go on a book buying ban at the end of last year, so I didn't get too many books, as you can see.

What are some books you recently added to your TBR?



No comments:

Post a Comment