Friday, May 23, 2014

Book Haul Excitement

Hi there. I got some exciting stuff in the mail today (and yesterday), so I thought I'd show them to you. It's mostly books which makes it even more exciting (or at least I think so).

I have ordered from Amazon for the first time ever because I've always been rather sceptical until now because I live in Switzerland and had to order from Amazon Germany, but everything worked out great and the shipping was still free and it's definitely cheaper than ordering from local bookstores. And considering how many books I've been buying lately, it might be a good idea to start trying to get them as cheap as possible. The delivery was surprisingly fast and even though I love going to the book store, they never have all the books I want and, well, Amazon does. And I'm just really happy and excited right now.

When I first had a look around the Amazon website, I just put every book I could possibly want to read in my shopping cart, but then I managed (barely, but still) to narrow it down to these six. Which is good because my TBR-shelf has been growing quite a bit lately and I don't want to become one of those people who just buy books and then never read them. But I'm so excited about these I'm sure I'll read them as soon as possible.

And then yesterday's mail also delivered a real surprise. I have donated some money to the Trever Project a while back when Tyler Oakley was doing his birthday fund raiser. And I knew that I would receive this t-shirt at some point, but of course I totally forgot about it and so I had a little freak-out session when I opened up the mystery package yesterday. Because what's better than receiving a cool surprise gift? It's like christmas, only I didn't even know I was getting anything. Even if I probably won't be wearing the t-shirt too often, I'm still really happy to have received something, even though donating is supposed to be without getting anything in return.
of course I had to take a selfie right away

So yes, I just wanted to write a little update because I haven't been posting too much lately. Oh, and as a goodbye note, you should really check out the Divergent soundtrack. I've been listening to it all the time lately and I really enjoy it, even if not all the songs are exactly my type of music. And, in case you're interested, a review of The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness should be up soon as I've just finished it two days ago.

Thank you so much for reading!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment