Friday, March 1, 2019

February 2019 Wrap-Up


It might not be my proudest moment that my first post since my January wrap-up is my February wrap-up, but I still want to talk about the books I read this month, so here we go. February included a lot of leaving my comfort zone for me, as I moved to Seoul for my exchange semester and explored this city and tried to meet people to spend the next few months with (not very successfully, I might add). So to take a break from all these draining experiences, I have turned to reading quite a lot, especially in the past two weeks. So I ended up finishing five books this month:
  • Truthwitch (The Witchlands #1) by Susan Dennard, 5/5 ★
  • I listened to the audiobook for this one, and even though the narrator's style was not my favorite, I ended up really falling in love with the story. The world with its different types of magic and witchery completely pulled me in, and I think it is incredibly well built and developed. I also really fell in love with our two main characters Safi and Iseult, whose friendship was wonderful to read about. Overall, this book definitely lived up to my expectations and I am really glad that I finally picked up this series.

  • Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, reread (all of the stars)
  • I reread this on my flight to Seoul for comfort, because Fangirl is my favorite book of all time and it just makes me feel good whenever I read it. I love this story with all of my heart.

  • Windwitch (The Witchlands #2) by Susan Dennard, 5/5 ★
  • In some ways, this book felt very different from the first one, but I loved it nonetheless. I really enjoyed getting to know new characters that all brought a unique point of view to the story. I also think the plot thickened significantly in this second instalment and it became clear to me that a lot was yet to come in this series, which of course made me all the more excited to continue on right away.

  • Sightwitch (The Witchlands #2.5) by Susan Dennard, 3/5 ★
  • I decided to go ahead and read this novella before continuing on with the third book in the series, and so to follow the books according to their publication date. Although Sightwitch didn't capture my attention quite as well as the previous instalments in the series, I'm still glad I read it as I think it brings a lot of valuable background information to the overall plot. As I am now in the middle of Bloodwitch, I can imagine being very confused at certain parts if I had skipped this novella.

  • Bloodwitch (The Witchlands #3) by Susan Dennard, 5/5 
  • Bloodwitch was just as great as the previous books in this series, and the world just keeps getting bigger and more interesting. One thing I want to say about this series, though, is that I am not 100% sure which ships I support. Romance is always an important aspect of a story for me personally, and it can definitely make or break a book for me. With the Witchlands series, I'm so confused as to which couples I like and who I want to get together, which is kind of frustrating for me, and it just keeps getting worse with each book. Nevertheless, this was a five star read all the way, and I definitely recommend this series to anyone!

So that's it for the books I finished in February. Now that I have finished all the books in the Witchlands series that are currently out, I am faced with the impossible question of what to pick up next. I have a few books that I really want to get to but I haven't decided what I'm in the mood for at the moment. I guess we'll see in my next wrap up.

I hope you've all had a good month and that 2019 is treating you well!



No comments:

Post a Comment