Sunday, April 13, 2014

My Year of Travel

Hello you! I can't believe it's already April. We're two weeks in, I know, but I just now realized that that's more than 1/4 of the year already over! Where on earth did all that time go? I can't say I'm too sad about this, though, because 2014 has some pretty cool things waiting for me. I have been planning my holidays this past week and I'm so incredibly excited for all the places I'm gonna go. So I thought I should really talk about this on here as it's been the #1 thing on my mind lately.

So it'll all start on April 25, which is (OMG!) only two weeks from now. I'm going on a rather spontaneous trip to London with my friends from work and I'm so excited! I've been to London once before (in 2009, I believe) but it's been a while and I went for only three days and can't really remember much of the city. So even though we are only going for three days again, I'm really excited! All I'm worried about is the weather because a city trip in the rain doesn't sound too tempting. But still, I can't wait!

Only one month after that I'm going to Istanbul with the soccer team from work. 'Soccer team from work?' you might ask.  Yes. Every Friday, some people from work meet at a gymnasium close to our office for 2 hours of soccer and basketball. I think that's a brilliant idea and since I stopped playing handball and don't really do anything else at the moment, I thought this would be a fun way to at least do something for my fitness. And now I'm really loving it. And the best thing is that we have actual games against other law firms every now and then, how cool is that?

But back to my trip to Istanbul, which is even cooler than our games against other local law firms. Because there, we are having a tournament with various other offices of our firm from all over the world. How cool is that?  And while we'll be playing soccer for two days, the other two days of our four-day-trip will be exploring the city. I can't wait! 

And then in June my boyfriend and I have planned a two-day trip to Europa-Park in Germany which I'm looking forward to as well. If you don't know Europa-Park, it's one of the biggest theme parks in Europe and, as the name suggests, has different areas that are supposed to represent different countries of Europe and then there are different rides to go with the theme. I really like rollercoasters and I love how the park is decorated in general, so I've always loved going there and am looking forward to it again.

A month after that I will be going on summer holidays with my friends from work, even though we don't really know where we're going yet or have any specific plans at all. We are looking for somewhere at the beach with not too many people and we'd love to be able to go out for drinks if we feel like it but definitely don't want to go partying all the time. Which turned out to be not that easy to find. So if you know a place where we can do all that and have a good time, please leave a comment. 

And then I'm going to Norway with my family, which I'm very much looking forward to. I've never been to Norway but I really loved Sweden and Denmark, so I'm expecting to like it as well. I don't really know anything specific about this trip but I'm sure it'll be great. I think we are planning to rent a car and then drive from town to town which I think sounds pretty amazing. And because my dad's girlfriend is from Norway, I'm sure we'll have the perfect guide as well.

In September, my boyfriend and I are going to Barcelona to end my year of travelling. Because I'll stop working full time at the end of August and my boyfriend has exams then, we decided that September would be the perfect time to go away together. I don't want Sam to fail his exams just because I forced him to go on holidays with me so I'm sure we'll be enjoying ourselves a lot more once those are over.

This trip will probably be my last vacation this year as I'm also starting University in September. Uni is of course another huge thing waiting for me and I might be most excited about that. But thinking about all this, I feel like this year is going to be over so quickly and I can't believe everything that's going to change. But I guess I'll just take one thing at a time.

Thank you so much for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment