Tuesday, September 9, 2014

I went to Barcelona!

Hello there. As promised, I'm going to show you some pictures of my trip to Barcelona today. Sam and I spent a really great few days in the beautiful city and did a lot of sightseeing, shopping and ice cream eating. I've never been to Barcelona before and was overwhelmed by the amazingness. Barcelona has so many different sides, and I loved all that we have seen.

We arrived on Wednesday morning and first checked into our hotel. Already, it was quite warm and the sun was shining, so overall a really good start. Our hotel was located in a small street off the Ramblas and that was the perfect spot to start all our sightseeing. Since we had to get up quite early for our flight on Wednesday, we were rather tired and exhausted, so we only planned on walking around a little bit and exploring what was nearest to our hotel that day. We ended up walking all the way up to both famous Gaudi houses and then also walked to see the Sagrada Familia from the outside. All of this was super impressive and the architechture in the whole city incredibly beautiful. In the evening, we walked in the other direction and went over the Rambla de Mar bridge to take some pictures in the beautiful evening light. We then went for dinner in a nice and small restaurant in Barceloneta.


The next day, we went on our first sightseeing bus tour of the trip around the northern part of the city. We drove by the Sagrada Familia, Park Güell and then further west until Camp Nou. I really enjoy bus tours like this as it gives you a nice overview of the city and I go on one in almost every city I visit. We got off the bus to go shopping and dedicated the rest of the day to finding some nice clothes for me (and also some for Sam). 

On Friday, we took another smaller sightseeing bus tour and got off at the MNAC to spend some time with a beautiful view over the city. We took about a million pictures and only left once it started raining. After a very hot day it rained only briefly and we returned to the hotel exhausted and happy.  We walked around the smaller streets next to the Ramblas for a bit in the evening and went for dinner in a restaurant near our hotel.





On Saturday, our last day in the city, we decided to do everything we hadn't had time or energy for before. We started off with going to the market off las Ramblas. We then went to Park Güell and took some pictures of the amazing view over the city. Then we took the metro back to Sagrada Familia, this time we even went inside and it was so worth it. Then we took a walk down to the Arc de Triomf and then further down through a nice park until we turned right to get back to the Columbus Monument at the beginning of the Ramblas. Very exhausted we arrived back at the hotel and then, after a short nap, went to dinner in a nice restaurant on the Ramblas.













Overall, I really enjoyed our stay in Barcelona and loved exploring this beautiful city. If you've never been there, I highly recommend going. For a long time, I hadn't been very interested in visiting Barcelona but then this year so many people recommended going there, so Sam and I decided to go and I'm so glad we did. It was so worth it and exceeded all my expectations. I definitely want to go back one day, it was truly amazing.


Thank you for reading!



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I would love to go to Barcelona someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It really is worth it if you ever get the chance to go (hopefully soon). :)

      Delete