Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #1: Inspiring Quotes


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Sooo, this is my first Top Ten Tuesday post and I'm excited! After a long time only reading (and loving) all the Top Ten Tuesday posts, I thought why not join in on the fun. Since I also desperately need some post inspiration and always LOVE lists, I think this is the perfect meme for me to do. As you may know, I used to do Top 5 Wednesday because five books seem to be much easier to choose than ten, but the topics over at Top Ten Tuesday are always so good, I couldn't resist.

So this week's topic is Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books. I love to write quotes I like in one of my many notebooks. I had a look through them and here are the ten most inspiring ones I found that made me think when I read the book, in no particular order:



 
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."
(The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank)






 
 

"Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation."
(Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë)


"If people were always kind and obedient to those who are cruel and injust, the wicked people would have it all their own way; they would never feel afraid, and so they would never alter, but would grow worse and worse."
(Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë)







"The river was mild and leisurly, going away from the people who ate shadows for breakfast and steam for lunch and vapours for supper."
(Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury)





 




"I learned joy and pain at the same time. I learned that happiness is not what you have, because I never had anything and I was so happy."
(Desert Flower by Waris Dirie)









"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strenght. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."
(A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin)










"We'd been born into an ugly world, and the OASIS 
was our one happy refuge."
(Ready Player One by Ernest Cline)








"Grown-ups don't look like grown-ups on the inside either. Outside, they're big and thoughtless and always know what they're doing. Inside, they look just like they always have. Like they did when they were your age. The truth is, there aren't any grown-ups. Not one in the whole wide world."






 


"We all fight our own private wars."
by Benjamin Alire Sáenz)










"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love."






Let me know below some of your favorite quotes!



No comments:

Post a Comment