Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Top 5 Books Over 500 Pages

Hello there. It's already Wednesday again which means it's time for another Top 5 Wednesday. This week's topic is Top 5 Books Over 500 Pages and I thought it would be fun to change it up a little and just do my five biggest books that I've read. I hope that's okay.

So here they are:

5. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
I only own a German copy and I know they're usually bigger than the English ones (I have no idea why) but my copy has 789 pages. This was actually the first ever book that I read in English outside school and I had to because the book wasn't published in German at the time and I was a huge fan of the series so I had to read the book. But I got it from the library and then bought and reread it in German so that I would understand more than just the conversations in the book.

4. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
Again, I only own a German copy of this one and it's 862 pages. If you didn't know, this is one of my favourite books of all time and I want to encourage everyone to read this, even if you didn't like or refuse to read Twilight. This is a really original story and I can't stress enough how much better it is than the Twilight series.

3. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling
Obviously, I first read the Harry Potter books in German as well but then my brother and sister got me the English box set for Christmas last year and the English copy is 956 pages. The German one is even longer with 1021 pages.

2. A Dance With Dragons by George R. R. Martin
This beast of a book is 1117 pages and I believe in the newer edition it's split into two books. My copy isn't so that's why it gets second place in this list. If you didn't know, A Dance With Dragons is the fifth book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series and currently the last one that's out. If you haven't started watching and/or reading Game of Thrones, what is wrong with you? It's another one of my alltime favourites and I encourage everyone to not be intimidated by the hugeness of each book. It's really worth it, trust me.

1. Anna Karenina by Lew Tolstoi
I actually volontarily read this book for my finals in Russian and I regretted it the whole year it took me to get through it. Who does that, pick a 1227 page book out of pretty much any Russian book out there for your exam when you have so much other stuff to do? Well, I did and I still can't understand why on earth I thought that was a good idea. But I mean, I passed the exam in the end and all was fine. Plus, I have a pretty good first place for this list. 1227 pages - beat that!

So that's it, my Top 5 Biggest Books I've read. Let me know the biggest book you've ever read.



No comments:

Post a Comment