Monday, December 1, 2014

November Wrap-Up

Hello there. It's already the beginning of December and I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. But I'm here today with my November Wrap-Up and not to talk about the fact that Christmas is right around the corner. I read a total of 6 books this month, which isn't that much but I'm still okay with it.


So these are the books I finished in November:
  • To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, ★★★★
    I don't feel qualified to talk about this book, to be honest. Classics always intimidate me but I liked this one, even though I'm sure I wasn't able to grasp all the meaning behind it. I sort of miss school when I read books like this because we used to take books apart bit by bit and I feel a little lost on my own.
  • One More Chance by Abbi Glines, ★★★★
    This is the 8th book in the Rosemary Beach series and like the others, it was enjoyable but not the height of literature. I still really liked it and after To Kill A Mockingbird, I needed a light and quick read.
  • Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout, ★★★
    I'm not sure if the Lux series and I will ever be real friends. I don't know why but the books just lost their appeal after the first two. I really don't like Daemon for the most part and the other characters are just mehh. The story is also really repetitive for me and I just want to get to the end of the series. Only one book to go and I hope to tackle that one this month.
  • Just One Day by Gayle Forman, ★★★★★
    I absolutely adored this book and wrote a full review that you can have a look at here.
  • Just One Year by Gayle Forman, ★★★★★
    Even though the second book wasn't as magical as the first one, I still loved it and reading from Willem's point of view was really interesting.
  • Just One Night by Gayle Forman, ★★★★★
    This is the novella taking place after Just One Year and I think this was brilliantly done to satisfy the reader's need to know what happens after but without having to bring up new problems to keep everything interesting. I really liked this quick ending to a beautiful story.
So these are all the books I read this past month. Let me know if you've read any of them and what you thought. For December, I actually have quite some books that I want to read before the year ends. First of all, I finally started The Book Thief and as expected it's taking me a little longer than normal to get through, so I want to finish that one soon. I also really want to read Let It Snow and My True Love Gave To Me to get me into the holiday spirit. Then, as mentioned I intend to finish off the Lux series this year by reading Opposition. I also really want to read The Bane Chronicles and, if there's even more time Ignite or The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.

That's it, thank you for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment