Sunday, March 1, 2015

February Wrap-Up

Hello there. I can't believe it's already the end of February, but then again I feel like I say that after every month. February has been an okay month reading wise - I read a total of 7 books - but considering that University started again, I'm quite okay with that. As you may have noticed, it's taking me a while to get back into the swing of things and I'm trying hard (and kind of failing) to fit all the blogging and reading into my Uni and work schedule. Hopefully, things will get better in March, but the workload certainly won't go down.

What I Read


Here are the 7 books I managed to read in February:
  • The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan & Maureen Johnson, ★★★★
    I love Magnus, he's my favorite character in TMI series and I was so excited to read a bunch of short stories just about him. I liked most of the stories but only the Malec ones I really LOVED. The rest was interesting but also somewhat boring at times, hence the four star rating.
  • The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger, ★★★★
    I really liked this one and wrote a full review here.
  • Beautiful Redemption by Jamie McGuire, ★★★★
    One of my most anticipated books of 2015 and it was good but unfortunately not as good as the other books in this 'series'. I've loved the Maddox brothers ever since I read Beautiful Disaster and I was super excited to get to know Thomas a little better. Whereas I loved the first half of the book, the second half was a bit of a let down - too much drama and Liis got kind of annoying with time. 
  • These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner, ★★★★
    Another four star read, another book I really liked but didn't completely fall in love with. The Sci-Fi got slightly too much for me in the end and the world building lacked a little, but the romance was a-ma-zing.
  • Wish by Grier Cooper (ebook), ★★★
    A full length review for this one will be going up soon but for now, let me say that, again, I liked this book but didn't love it. 
  • Clipped Wings by Helena Hunting (ebook), ★★★★
    Andie (@_halfbl00dprincess) recommended this one on Instagram and I felt like reading some NA, so I picked it up. It was completely worth it and if you're a NA fan, I highly recommend reading this duology.
  • Inked Armour by Helena Hunting (ebook), ★★★★
    This is the sequel to Clipped Wings and I think I liked it even slightly better than the first book.

What I Bought

(I forgot to include Beautiful Redemption)
I bought 6 books in February which is a lot less than I thought I got. I also read more than I bought but considering that three of the 7 I read were ebooks that I will most likely purchase at some point, I can't really be proud of that. But still, 6 books is okay in my opinion and I'm really happy with these new additions to my bookshelves.
  • Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
    I've heard so many good things about this one and can't wait to finally read it. Also, it is absolutely gorgeous, and just for that I'm happy it's now sitting on my shelf.
  • This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
    Of course I had to get this after reading These Broken Stars. I'm a little sad that it's about two completely different people, but it still sounds very cool so I'm excited!
  • I Was Here by Gayle Forman
    I don't think I have to explain why I bought this one but why have I not read it yet? I DON'T KNOW. I'll read this in March, I promise.
  • You Were Mine by Abbi Glines
    I already read this one as an ebook but (as I said) I always end up ordering a physical copy anyway. Even if the cover is horrible.
  • Beautiful Redemption by Jamie McGuire
    I read this right away so no bad feelings here.
  • Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
    My boyfriend and I watched all the episodes of the TV series (that are out so far) this month and I fell in love and had to order this book right away. When do I have time to read an 8 book (I think) series where each book is absolutely huge? I have no clue but I will do it, eventually.

March TBR

I never do actual TBRs that I stick to but I like to prioritize a few books that I really want to read soon. I'm currently reading The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson, which is the first book in the Mistborn trilogy. If it's as good as everyone says it is, I'll most likely read the second and third book right after the first one and I'm sure that is going to take quite a bit of time since these books are pretty big. Then I really want to get to I Was Here by Gayle Forman and (if there's time and I feel like picking up another big book) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. But as always, I'll see what I feel like reading and pick up that book.

So, that's it for February. I hope you had a great month and thank you for reading!


What was your favorite February read?
What are you planning to read in March?



No comments:

Post a Comment