Wednesday, August 5, 2015

BookTube-A-Thon Mid-Week Update

Hello there. It's Wednesday, so it's already half-time for the BookTube-A-Thon. My sister and I did a little recap today of how well we're doing so far and I want to share it with you.

Karin

On Monday, I finished The Wrath & the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh. I had actually hoped to finish this one already on Sunday so that I could get started with the books I had chosen as my TBR for the week right away, but that obviously hadn't worked out. I'm just going to add this to my page count but I'm not going to count it as one of the seven books for Challenge #7. I then picked up The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu and luckily ended up finishing it that night as well.

Then on Tuesday, I started The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon which I finished today. I'm planning to start The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater next, which I'll hopefully fly through. I'm happy with what I've read so far but I'm not doing quite as good as I would've hoped.

Challenges:
1. Read a book with blue on the cover: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
2. Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name 
3. Read someone else's favorite book
4. Read the last book you acquired 
5. Finish a book without letting go of it
6. Read a book you really want to read: The Truth About Alice
7. Read seven books

Page count:
60 (The Wrath & the Dawn)
+ 199 (The Truth About Alice)
+ 268 (The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time)
= 527 pages

Valerie

My sister finished The Heir by Kiera Cass on Monday and then started P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han in the evening, which she finished on Tuesday. She then started The Fault In Our Stars by John Green today.

I'm trying very hard not to be bothered by the fact that my sister is actually doing better than me even though she never normally reads as much as I do. But to be fair, she also finished school this summer and now has nothing to do all day before leaving for England in September. And I'm at work all day ,so of course I can't read as much. But still.

Challenges:
1. Read a book with blue on the cover
2. Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name 
3. Read someone else's favorite book
4. Read the last book you acquired: The Heir
5. Finish a book without letting go of it
6. Read a book you really want to read: P.S. I Still Love You
7. Read seven books

Page count:
152 (The Heir)
+ 337 (P.S. I Still Love You)
+ 156 (The Fault in Our Stars)
= 645 pages


So that's it for today's update. If you are also participating in the BookTube-A-Thon, good luck, and I hope you are doing good so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment