Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #4: Auto-Buy Authors

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


Hello there. It's time for another Top Ten Tuesday post (I should really do these more often!). This week's topic is auto-buy authors. I couldn't think of ten, so here are my top eight (I even tried to put them into some order):

8. Stephanie Perkins
Stephanie Perkins writes the cutest love stories and I can't wait to read more of her. I don't know if I would necessarily pick up something other than YA contemporary by her right away, but I think I would definitely give it a go. Once she comes out with more books (ones that I like as much as Anna, Lola and Isla), she might even climb higher on my list.

7. Cassandra Clare
I know some people are annoyed with Cassandra Clare for always coming out with new stories of the Shadowhunter world, but I'm not one of those people. Like with Stephanie Perkins, though, I don't have an unconditional love for everything she writes, but I'm rather just very fond of everything she writes, which is why she isn't higher up in the list.

6. Morgan Matson
Morgan Matson is my go-to summer author. I love all her books and I will buy each and every one she will release in the future. For now, I'm going to try to catch up with what she has written under her penname 'Katie Finn', but until next summer, I will need a new Morgan Matson book.

5. Gayle Forman
Another YA contemporary author, I know, I know. What can I say, I just love YA contemporary. And I especially love Gayle Forman. Most of her books are just 'good' (i.e. four star reads) for me but then there was Just One Day that changed it all. Gayle Forman definitely has to thank that duology (or better, herself for writing that duology) for being this high in my list. I will keep reading everything Gayle Forman comes out with until I find something I like as much as Just One Day.

4. John Green
I read all the John Green books at the end of 2013 and since then, I've been waiting. With him, I will hit that preorder button as soon as I hear a new book is coming out.

3. Sarah J. Maas
Of course, Sarah J. Maas has to be on this list. It's not a secret how much I love all her books and obviously I will buy anything she releases.

2. Laini Taylor
To me, Laini Taylor can do no wrong. With her writing, even a story that I might not 100% be interested in is a must-read and I will buy them all.

1. Rainbow Rowell
Of course, Rainbow Rowell had to be at the very top of this list. Fangirl is my favorite book of all time and I loved all her other books only slightly less. I can't imagine Rainbow Rowell to ever write something I wouldn't like. To show you how sincere I am, I will tell you a little secret: As I said, Fangirl is my all time favorite book. And if you've read it (if not, what are you doing?), you'll know that a lot of the story is centered around Cath's fanfiction of Simon Snow. I actually only read those parts once and whenever I reread the book (which is a lot), I tend to skip them. Because Simon Snow really didn't interest me that much. But now Rainbow Rowell's Carry On is coming out soon(ish), a story only about Simon Snow. The logical conclusion would be that I, since I wasn't all that interested in the Simon Snow snippets in Fangirl, would also have no interest in reading Carry On. But that is only accurate if we ignore the fact that it's written by Rainbow Rowell. Which, of course, I can't and which is why I have Carry On preordered anyway and I'm counting down the days until its release. So yeah, I love Rainbow Rowell.

So that's it for this week's Top Ten Tuesday. I hope you are having a wonderful day!

What are some of your auto-buy authors?
Do we share any?



No comments:

Post a Comment